Q1. What is Fubon Mobile Security Key Service (“Mobile Security Key”)?
- Mobile Security Key is a two-factor authentication service using Touch ID/Face ID (iOS) or Fingerprint/Facial Recognition (Android) and Mobile Security Key PIN. It is designed to work as part of the Fubon Mobile Banking App to authenticate the Fubon Mobile Banking Service (“Mobile Banking”) logon and designated online high-risk transactions*.
Q2. Who is eligible to activate for Mobile Security Key?
- Only individual customers who had registered for the Mobile Banking Service and are using a compatible mobile device are eligible to activate Mobile Security Key. You may click here for details of Mobile Banking Service
Q3. Which are the mobile devices that support Mobile Security Key?
- Fubon Bank (Hong Kong) (“The Bank”) recommends mobile devices with below operating system:
- iOS 11.0 or above
- Android 8.0 or above
The full list of compatible mobile devices are:
- Apple iPhone 5s or later models
- Designated Android mobile devices which is compatible with fingerprint sensor enabled, including:
||Samsung: Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy C7, Galaxy C7 Pro, Galaxy C9 Pro, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5
||LG: V10, V20, V30 G4, G5, G6, Q6+
||HUAWEI: Mate 10, P10 Lite, P30, Nexus 6p
Q4. Do I need network connection on my mobile device to use the Mobile Security Key?
- Network connection is required when you are using the Mobile Security Key.
Q5. Can I activate the Mobile Security Key on more than one mobile devices?
- To better protect your interest, you can only activate Mobile Security Key on one mobile device. If you want to change the mobile device, you may use the desired mobile device to logon to the Mobile Banking with your User ID and Mobile Banking PIN, then follow the activation procedure to activate the Mobile Security Key again. After you have successfully activated the Mobile Security Key on your desired mobile device, the original mobile device will be deactivated automatically.
Note: If you would like to logon Mobile Banking with mobile device without the activated Mobile Security Key, you will need to use your User ID and Mobile Banking PIN.
Q6. Can I deactivate my Mobile Security Key at any time?
- Yes. You can deactivate your Mobile Security Key on Mobile Banking any time.
Q7. Can I use other methods to logon to Mobile Banking after activated my Mobile Security Key?
- Yes. You can still choose to logon to the Mobile Banking using your User ID and Mobile Banking PIN.
Q8. Why I cannot perform designated online high-risk transactions* on Mobile Banking even Mobile Security Key is activated?
- Designated online high-risk transactions* are only available while logon to the Mobile Banking using Touch ID/Face ID (iOS) or Fingerprint/Facial Recognition (Android).
Q9. Can I activate the Mobile Security Key on a jailbroken/rooted device?
- If your mobile device is jailbroken/rooted, there may be security loopholes. To better protect your interest, you will not be allowed to activate Mobile Security Key on that device.
Q10. Can I change my Security Key PIN?
- You can deactivate the Mobile Security Key first and activate the service again using the new Security Key PIN.
Q11. How do I authenticate high-risk transaction on e-banking using the Mobile Security Key?
- You can click on the “Mobile Security Key” icon on the homepage of Fubon Mobile Banking App with your activated mobile device to start the authentication. For details, please visit “Mobile Security Key Service – Starter Kit” on the Bank’s website.
Q12. What should I do if my mobile device with activated Mobile Security Key is lost or stolen?
- You should report to the Bank immediately that your device is lost or stolen by calling our 24-hours Service Hotline 2104 3362 to terminate your Mobile Security Key at once.
Q13. What should I do if I forgot the Mobile Security Key PIN?
- You can deactivate the Mobile Security Key on your mobile device first and reset your Mobile Security Key PIN by activating the Mobile Security Key again.
Q14. Why my Mobile Security Key is deactivated?
- For security reasons, the Mobile Security Key may be deactivated when:
- the biometric data on your device is changed (e.g. add or delete fingerprints or reset facial recognition);
- you have activated Mobile Security Key on other devices;
- your Fubon e-banking / Mobile Banking Services have been terminated;
- you have inputted an incorrect PIN for 5 consecutive times;
- there are 5 consecutive failed facial recognition match attempts;
If your Mobile Security Key is deactivated, an e-mail/SMS notification will be sent to your registered e-mail address/mobile phone number from the Bank. You will need to re-activate for the Mobile Security Key if you wish to continue using the service.
Q15. Is fingerprint/face recognition authentication safe?
- Fingerprint/face recognition can provide a high level of security and protection for identify verification. Only fingerprint(s) / face recognition stored on your device can be used to logon to Mobile Banking. However, you are reminded that when using facial recognition, there is probability of false match due to certain circumstances, e.g. twins or siblings that look alike or “Require Attention for Face Recognition” function in your device settings is disabled. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and accept the associated risks and consequences before you activate facial recognition.
Your fingerprints / face recognition data will not be stored in the Fubon Bank Mobile App or kept anywhere within the Bank.
Q16. Can someone else logon my Mobile Banking if their fingerprint/face recognition is stored on my mobile device?
- Yes. Any fingerprint(s)/ face recognition(s) stored on your mobile device, now or in the future, can be used to logon to Mobile Banking Service when you have activated your Mobile Security Key. Therefore, the Bank strongly recommend you to only store your own fingerprint/face recognition on your mobile device and should not store or allow any third-party fingerprint(s)/face recognition to be stored on your mobile device.
For details of designated online high-risk transactions, please visit “One Time Password Service
” on the Bank’s website.